Police say the Hollywood star has yet to comply with a warrant to search his phone for material relevant to the on-set shooting of Halyna Hutchins
Authorities in New Mexico and New York are still trying to get a hold of actor Alec Baldwin’s cell phone as they probe the tragic death of a cinematographer on one of his film sets, despite obtaining a search warrant weeks ago.
In a joint statement seen by Reuters on Friday, the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office and New Mexico First Judicial District Attorney’s Office said they are now “actively working” with police in Suffolk, New York – where Baldwin owns a home – to recover the device.
It remains unclear why he has not provided his phone to police, who obtained a warrant to search it three weeks ago, seeking any pertinent information linked to Hutchins’ shooting death on the set of his film ‘Rust’ last October. A Santa Fe detective said that while she initially requested to search the iPhone voluntarily, Baldwin declined and instructed her to “acquire a warrant,” according to a police affidavit. Nearly one month later, the phone is still nowhere to be found.
The actor-turned-director was reportedly seen speaking on the same device soon after Hutchins was fatally shot, and law enforcement is looking to review any texts, emails or other information stored on the phone that might shed more light on the incident.
Though Baldwin has insisted that he bears no responsibility for the shooting – maintaining he has “no idea” how a live round ended up chambered in an on-set revolver that was meant to be a ‘cold’ weapon – he was nonetheless holding the firearm when it discharged and struck the cinematographer. Script supervisor Mamie Mitchell, moreover, has sued the actor for negligence, claiming he “intentionally, without just cause or excuse, cocked and fired the loaded gun even though the upcoming scene to be filmed did not call for the cocking and firing of the firearm,” adding that Baldwin “chose to play Russian Roulette with a loaded gun without checking it.”
Prosecutors in New Mexico have stated that some people who handled weapons on set may face criminal penalties, but have so far declined to say who. Baldwin, however, has stated that he is not worried about charges, calling that possibility “highly unlikely” during an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos in December.
source: RT
Împotriva articolelor redacției noastre, persoanele nemulțumite pot formula Contestație în termen de 10 zile de la publicarea articolului, la judecătoria Orășenească nr. 1 München Bayern Deutschland, in conformitate cu Legea federală Germană. Considerăm că nu se pot formula acțiuni la instanțele din România deoarece nici o persoană care activează în trustul nostru nu poate fi extrasă de sub jurisdicția federală germană. Considerăm că redacția noastră nu răspunde în fața autorităților din România ci doar celor federale sau civile germane. deoarece legea română nu are efecte de extraneitate asupra redacției chiar dacă subiectul știrilor face obiectul unor evenimente sau persoane din România și sunt scrise în limba română. Limba română nu este izvor de extraneitate a legii.
absolvent WEB DESIGN Academia Britanică de Comunicare Iasi - absolvent COMUNICARE IN AFACERI Academia Britanica de Afaceri si Comunicare -absolvent JURNALISM EDITORIAL - London School University - 2019 inscris la echivalare diploma la Universitatea Politehnica Timisoara - absolvent studii de Drept Universitatea Europeană Drăgan, cursuri in Drept la Universitatea de Vest Timisoara, absolvent studii de proiectare, pastor coordonator in Biserica Protestanta Evanghelica,
Android Developer pe Google Play și plugin developer la Oxwall, creator de teme Wordpress și Oxwall, operator Wordpress, Drupal, Oxwall, Osclass, Moodle, tehnologii HTML și PHP
Lockheed Martin and Raytheon Technologies have drawn Beijing’s ire for supplying weapons to Taipei China has imposed sanctions on two major American arms manufacturers, Lockheed Martin and Raytheon Technologies. The decision, which was announced by Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin on Monday, targets the two companies over their involvement in the “supply of American […]
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte has reportedly received extra security after the appearance of “spotters” in his vicinity sparked fears of a potential Moroccan Mafia kidnapping plot. Citing “well-informed sources” on Monday, Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reported that suspicious “spotters” who are believed to be affiliated with the Moroccan Mafia, also known as the Mocro […]
The alleged assassination attempt of Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi was orchestrated by a foreign power seeking to destabilize the country, a senior Iranian security official said. The apparent attempted assassination of the Iraqi prime minister was “a new sedition that must be traced back to foreign think tanks,” according to Ali Shamkhani, the secretary […]